Tuesdays are hard. They’re the sophomores of the week- you’re fully invested but not close to the end yet. Instead of feeling drained and irritated (ask any of my students- Tuesdays are the worst for me..whoops!), here are a few small victories- words, things, and moments- getting me through the week:
1. God Has a Name by John Mark Comer– THIS BOOK. Shoot. Comer combines theology and approachability to create a piece that takes his reader through an explanation of God’s actual name, Yahweh, by going in-depth into Exodus 34:4-7. I was challenged every time I picked up this book as Comer presented ideas and concepts and explanations that I had never considered before and he did it really well. Here’s to the many hours of processing and prayer to come.
2. Our Le Crueset Grill Pan– because summer means grilling out but apartment living says, “nope, can’t quite do that here!” so we compromise with a grill pan. Although it’s a pain to clean, Matt manages to magically get it spotless every time- whatta good man- so we use it all the time because it at least gives us the facade that we grilled out and that just makes us happy. And it cooks meat perfectly and deliciously, so that helps too. Go almost grilling.
3. Google Maps– because we’re road tripping to Maine at the end of this week (SO. READY. FOR. LOBSTER. And family. Always family.) and Google Maps has been our constant companion while we’ve been searching places we could realistically and potentially stop at on the way there. Also, it will be accompanying us the entire way there and it reroutes automatically, so all the praises for that.
4. Sunscreen- because coaching soccer means summer conditioning started yesterday and it decided to be super hot this week and sunscreen makes my skin not completely hate me. Or look red, because that would be inevitable without sunscreen. Thanks western European heritage.
5. Dairy Queen Oreo blizzards- because ice cream in the summer. Done.
6. Pictures of Bernedoodles– because I just discovered that this breed exists and I’m absolutely obsessed and looking at pictures of them makes me smile. Currently making oh-so-subtle hints to my husband for one. I’ll keep ya updated.
I hope you’re staying cool on this super humid Tuesday! What are some of the things making you smile this week?