These Tuesday Victories are coming to ya a bit early because of the holiday tomorrow. Enjoy, friends!
Tuesdays are hard. They’re the sophomores of the week- you’re fully invested but not close to the end yet. Instead of feeling drained and irritated (ask any of my students- Tuesdays are the worst for me..whoops!), here are a few small victories- words, things, and moments- getting me through the week:
1. Fireworks- friends, it’s [almost] the Fourth of July! I hope you enjoy your day wherever you may go-whether on a beach, in someone’s home, or on a city street watching a parade. And I hope you find somewhere perfect to watch fireworks! Matt and I live in a cute neighborhood where people take their fireworks seriously. We’ve been able to see them from our balcony the past few nights and it’s been such a treat!
2. Sharon Hodde Miller’s Twitter feed– I first read Miller’s writing in a Christianity Today article when Matt and I were coming back from his parents’ house after Christmastime. I was hooked! She loves Jesus, is incredibly well-educated and crafts beautiful and truthful pieces of writing. Her Twitter feed is legit and either always challenges me or refers me to some fantastic resources. Her first book comes out this fall and I cannot wait to read more from her!
3. Chipotle Burrito Bowls- because Chipotle is actually the best. It’s been a crazy few weeks for Matt and I, including a week in Maine with 18 of my family members and then a week in Ohio leading 35 middle school students on a church trip. Needless to say, we haven’t eaten too many crazy-healthy meals but at least Chipotle isn’t the worst! And it’s delicious. And guac. So it was a solid option the past few weeks!
4. The US Postal Service’s generosity- My Army-brother was just deployed overseas and needless to say it’s been a bit difficult. But, the USPS offers the “Military Care Kit” where they will send loved ones free supplies to send care packages overseas. I just ordered ours and if you’re interested in this, check out more information here. Having my brother deployed is difficult enough, but I’m grateful USPS has lessened the steps to support and encourage him while he is gone!
5. The list at the end of this blog post– I don’t quite remember how I stumbled upon this blog, but at some point I subscribed to it and goodness I’m thankful I read this post this morning. Placing our identity in the Lord can be so, so difficult at times. Aliza Latta, a guest writer, wrote out a list of reminders that she recites/prays every morning to help her focus back on Jesus and her identity in him. I love this practice and wrote the list in my journal this morning and I plan to use it at a catalyst for prayer/journaling times this summer.
6. Fresh flowers- I just love fresh flowers. Love them! Trader Joe’s had peonies in stock and we had some friends over for dinner Saturday night, thus the perfect excuse to buy them. They make our apartment pretty and fresh-looking and they make me happy everytime I look at them. It’s been so fun figuring out ways to make our apartment look more home-y looking and fresh flowers are just the best addition!
I hope you’re having a great holiday! We’re spending the day with some friends and using up the rest of the sparklers from our wedding. What are some of your favorites today?
Also- if you know my brother and want to get in on the care-package sending action, let me know and I can get you all the information you need!